Fork & Goode is developing new approaches to growing meat without livestock. Our goal is to create delicious and healthy meat products to help meet our growing protein needs. Our approach addresses critical food safety issues, cuts out the immense resources needed for livestock, and avoids animal slaughter. We are using cell culture technology to grow meat cells that have the flavor we crave and the key nutrients we need. Our lab is based in Brooklyn, NYC.
Lab Technician Role
We are looking for an energetic, adaptable person who is excited by the opportunity to conduct truly innovative science. Required experience and skills:
· BSc in cell biology, bioengineering, bioprocessing and/or related fields
· Demonstrated skills in the biological sciences, expertise in mammalian cell culture preferred with at least 2 years laboratory experience in cell and tissue culture
· Basic knowledge of standard cell biology techniques
· Facility with Excel and Prism is a plus
· Responsibilities include:
o Conducting mammalian cell culture
o Maintaining cell bank and laboratory stock for research and product development
o Managing timelines and process to deliver results in accordance with company goals
o Effective communication with other team members
o Maintaining team morale and contributing to our strong company culture and values
Fork & Goode is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.